What is this blog about?
The purpose of this blog is to combine the latest psychological discoveries, self-improvement theory and ancient Vedic knowledge (there is much more to ancient knowledge than most people think). My goal is to turn self-help into a clear, simple and FUN process for you, because I don’t believe that you must continuously struggle with yourself in order to get better!
This blog covers a wide range of self-improvement topics such as: motivation and goal setting, happiness and success, communication and relationships, health and fitness, time management and financial abundance.
Who am I and why should you listen to me?
My name is Arina Nikitina and I am the creator and the writer of this blog. I was born in Latvia (a small, but beautiful country on the Baltic Sea). I currently live between Milan and Miami, visiting my family in Latvia whenever I have a chance.
I like to travel, read inspirational book (as well as trashy romantic novels).
I am currently learning how to dance salsa, play the piano and cook (and I am happy to inform you that there have been no deaths or physical damage caused by any of these activities).
Since early childhood I was amazed at people’s abilities to make simple things sound complicated and boring. This amazement has never passed.
Disclaimers! Read carefully!
- I didn’t develop self-discipline – I found my passion!
- I didn’t lose weight by sticking to a diet – I changed my relationship with food.
- I didn’t learn to manage my time – I got my priorities straight.
- I didn’t make everyone like me – I cut on judging, gossiping and complaining instead.
- I didn’t force myself into self-improvement – I started living consciously.
- I didn’t solve the world hunger problem – I simply made my life purpose helping one person at a time.
Everything else took care of itself.
What have I achieved?
- I have earned a degree in Psychology in just three semesters. In addition I did it in Italian, without knowing a word of Italian before I started.
- I have changed my eating habits and became a vegetarian.
- I have successfully overcome most of my limiting beliefs and noticeably improved my financial situation
- I have improved my vision from -4.25 to -2 (and I plan to stop wearing glasses all together after about two months)
- I have created my morning ritual, where I wake up at 6 a.m., meditate and do yoga for a hour (something that had seemed unrealistic for me just a few years ago)
- I have dedicated a lot of time in studying Ancient Vedic knowledge (that I try to incorporate with modern day discoveries and make it applicable in our busy world)
- I wrote a book “How to set and achieve your goals” and it has quickly become a best-seller
- I created a portal – one of the biggest and most popular portals on goal-setting. Check it out if you want to www. goal-setting-guide.com
- Through my website, tweeter and Facebook I have met many wonderful, open-hearted and interesting people, who have taught me more than I could have ever learned from all the psychology books. They are my inspiration and moral support.
- I was offered to become a writer for a #1 Magazine for Coaches “Success for Life” alongside with such Success guru’s as Dr. Wayne Dyer, John C. Maxwell, Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins and Paul McKenna.
That’s about all I can say about me. Now I would like to learn more about you… 🙂
Connect with me
Please subscribe to my feed. Also feel free to connect with me on Twitter, and Facebook (if you’re active on those networks).
If you have concerns or suggestions or would like to write a guest post, please don’t hesitate to contact me here. I really appreciate your feedback.
For everyday motivational boost subscribe to motivational Quote of the Day and I promise that you will find a wonderful and inspirational quote in your inbox daily.
And if that’s not enough, and you feel like doing another good deed today, please make a donation to the charity Water. Because you CAN make a difference in another person’s life.
Hugs and kisses and then some more hugs,